Please find below all the answers we currently have to our COVID-19 protocols.
We’ve hopefully answered any queries you might have but if there’s anything you think is missing from the below, please drop us a line here and we'll use the information to expand on our existing FAQ.
- Will All Points East take place in 2021?
Yes! All Points East is scheduled to go ahead in the August Bank Holiday weekend 2021. All Points East will begin on Friday 27 August and finish on Thursday 2 September.
- Is All Points East 2021 a government pilot event?
No, we are operating our event as we would in any other year.
- Will I need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend the festival?
In line with the advice and guidance from the UK and local government, you will be required to present your NHS COVID Pass on entry to All Points East in order to gain access to the event and to help us to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
The NHS COVID Pass is a certificate that demonstrates that you have at least one of the following:
- You have completed a full course of vaccination [at least 14 days ago]
- You have received a negative PCR or lateral flow test result [within 48 hours of the event]
- You have proof of natural immunity by way of a positive PCR test [at least 180 days ago].
You can create and present your NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App (including a downloadable pdf), on the NHS website or as a paper letter, which can be requested through the NHS website or by ringing 119.
For more details on the requirements and how to download the pass, head to the NHS website.
- How can I get a PCR test to obtain the NHS COVID Pass?
You can order a PCR test kit to be sent to your home or book an appointment at a walk-in or drive-through test site. Both can be done via https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
- How can I get a lateral flow test to obtain the NHS COVID Pass?
Lateral Flow test kits can be ordered online through the government website (https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests) or purchased from a pharmacy.
- Why are you implementing the NHS COVID Pass when it’s not been mandated by the government?
The Government has strongly encouraged all large venues to put this measure in place. We are taking all sensible precautions to help ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and artists, and to mitigate the risks of COVID-19. We see this as a matter of our social responsibility to help protect society and restart live events safely and securely, and to give fans the confidence to be able to attend and enjoy events again.
- My age group haven’t yet been offered a vaccine.
We understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to receive a vaccine yet, so you will need to be tested (within 48hrs of entry) and show proof of the negative result on arrival.
- I am clinically exempt from vaccine and testing:
- I am travelling from Europe, will you accept EU Digital COVID certification?
Yes, EU Digital COVID Certificates will be accepted.
- I’ve been to All Points East before. Will it feel like the same event or will it be different?
Yes, it will feel like the same All Points East that you know and love with some new features! We’ve improved the layout with bigger stages and production and more facilities and services for fans.
- Will there be additional services in place to cope with higher capacities at the event?
In line with our increased capacities, we will adapt the event by adding additional security and facilities across the site, to ensure a safe event for the local community and our fans.
- With more tickets being added on certain days, will the site size increase?
The perimeter of the site remains the same as previous years, but the internal layout has been amended to allow additional space for ticket holders.
- Will I have to wear a face covering/practice social distancing during the event?
It will not be required to wear a face covering while attending the event, however we advise visitors to be responsible, and wear a mask in busy areas or where they feel appropriate or comfortable.
Find answers to your most common questions here.
- What time does the festival start?
Friday 27th August - 1.30pm (12.30pm for Primary Entry ticketholders)
Saturday 28th August - 1.30pm (12.30pm for Primary Entry ticketholders)
Sunday 29th August (Field Day) - 1pm (12pm for Primary Entry ticketholders)
Monday 30th August - 1.30pm (12.30pm for Primary Entry ticketholders)
- What time is last entry?
Gates close at 8.30pm, and the Box Office will close at 8pm. Please make sure you’re onsite in advance of these times in case of queues.
- Can I leave the site and come back in?
There is no re-admission to All Points East after entry. Please plan ahead, once you’re in, you’re in!
- What are the age restrictions for the shows?
Friday 27th August, Sat 28th August and Monday 30th August - Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (18 or over). Children under the age of 2 will be admitted free of charge and do not need a ticket. All children aged 2 and over must have their own ticket.
Sunday 29th August (Field Day) - 18+ only.
- Can I bring buggies/pushchairs?
Buggies & pushchairs are only permitted for dates where Children have access to the event. We strongly advise that customers consider that areas nearer to the Main Stage will be very busy and densely populated which may make it extremely challenging to move a buggy. We therefore respectfully advise that buggies may be requested to be relocated from those areas to less densely populated spaces on safety grounds.
- What size bag can I bring onsite?
We will not allow large bags, suitcases or luggage into the venue but you will be permitted to take small bags and handbags in with you. We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm or standard handbags. Please avoid bringing rucksacks or bags with multiple compartments where possible as it may delay your entry while they are searched.
- Can I bring camping chairs/stools?
Seats and chairs of any kind not permitted into the event. This includes seat sticks and inflatable seats.
- Can I bring in food & drink?
No food or drink is permitted to be brought into All Points East (With the exception of water in unopened plastic containers of up to 500ml, and baby food where not in glass containers). There are a wide variety of bars and food traders open throughout the event, as well as free water points.